How to obtain an oral proficiency interview through Language Testing International:
1. Click on http://www.languagetesting.com/acad_general1.cfm to arrange your oral proficiency interview. Please note you can either submit your information to LTI via the internet or by downloading the ACTFL Application for General Teachers/Students and Test Taker Agreement and OPI Proctor Responsibilities and Agreement (Be sure to fax or email the OPI Proctor Responsibilities and Agreement as indicated on the form).
2. To schedule online, click on: Click to Apply Online
3. Read the instructional letter and click: continue. (Disregard the requirement that a person in an official school capacity must serve as your proctor; more information regarding proctors is in #8 below.)
4. Check: I have read the Test taker's Agreement below and agree with it and click on continue at the bottom of the page. Ignore the information regarding college credit unless you are requesting this. Click: continue
5. Complete all fields under Personal information- don’t’ forget to check whether this is a new test or retest. Click: continue
7. Provide the name, title, institution, telephone number, fax and email of your proctor. For institution, you may use church, if it’s your minister; the name of your place of employment, if you are using your employer; or the name of the business, if you are using a notary. Click continue.
8. Check Spanish for language desired and provide dates and times you are available. Complete Test Options- checking ACTFUL Oral Proficiency Interview as your desired test. Ignore the other options. Click continue
9. Confirm your test. Click continue
10. Pay your $134.00 fee.
11. Take your test.
12. Once you obtain your interview results, please mail or email a copy of your certificate to:
Ms. Sheila Lilly
The interpreter Qualification Project
University of South Carolina
College of Social Work
The Center for Child and Family Studies
Columbia, SC 29208
Please note that after requesting an OPI test it takes up to 10 business days for the test to be scheduled and 10 business days to receive your results. Please schedule your oral proficiency interview well in advance of upcoming Interpreter Qualification trainings.